Wednesday, March 28, 2018

print design - How to see an embedded image's dpi (ppi) in a pdf in Acrobat Pro?


The following situation baffled me slightly: after preparing a pdf in a different program I wanted to make sure that an embeded image in the pdf file had the right dpi, yet I found no way in adobe acrobat pro to inspect the file/image dpi.



Can that be, or am I missing where this feature is hidden?



Answer



You can use the build in Preflight function. [I don't know when it has been introduced but its there in Acroboat 9 Pro and above]


Advanced > Preflight [Keyboard Shortcut Shift + Ctrl + X ]


Have a look at this video to see what I mean:


http://www.mattbeals.com/videos/Adobe/ShowImageRes/ShowImageRes.html


There are also other plugins and stuff, but as there is this built in option I don't think you'll need it.


For more stuff on the topic just google for " image dpi in pdf " and you'll find lots on the topic.


Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...