Sunday, February 17, 2019

adobe illustrator - How can I create a tight spiral shape? (Archimedean spiral)


I'm trying to create something similar to this example:


example sprial


What tool should I use, or is it just squares and circles attached together? Great if you know a tutorial for this effect.



Answer



Which part are you referring to? If it's the spiral, don't use the spiral tool. You'll want a linear/Archimedean spiral for that. You can find a tutorial on creating those here: http://vectorguru.com/tutorials/013-archimedean-spiral-in-illustrator.html



If it's the circled segments of the spiral, just split your spiral into individual paths and give them circular caps (under the 'Stroke' menu).


If it's neither of these, please clarify and I will try to help/analyse. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...