Thursday, February 28, 2019

website design - A good monospace, condensed and open-source typeface?


I'm looking for an optimal typeface for report tables that will contain many columns (the reason for condensed).


The reason for monospace is that these reports will contain a lot of numbers and we would like them to be aligned across all the rows.


The reason i need it to be open-source is that we will show these reports inside a web application, so it would be embedded as a web font (@font-face).


I saw Anka Coder but I don't like its 0.


Update:


I finally settled for Open Sans Condensed Light, which has monospaced numbers, so it's good enough for my use case. Thanks everyone for your input!



Answer




The most condensed monospace, open-source font I've found is via fontsquirrel and is called M+ 1m.


M+ 1m font


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...