Wednesday, February 27, 2019

print design - What home printer would allow for exact alignment of front and back?


Note: I'm not a graphic designer, but this seemed like the most relevant place to post. Feel free to send me off somewhere else if I'm not in the right place.


I would like to make some notebooks with double-sided grid paper that I've already designed, but my printer seems like it doesn't allow for absolutely exact alignment. Even if one side prints nice and straight, the other side will be slightly skewed left to right by one to two millimeters, which I read from an earlier post is a pretty reasonable variance for a home printer. So I suspect it's not possible to get both sides completely aligned on this printer – but if I'm wrong, please let me know how.


What kind of printer would allow for absolutely exact alignment? Is there any difference between inkjet and laser in this regard, or a more expensive printer versus a cheaper one?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...