Thursday, February 7, 2019

hex - Need an indefinite amount of distinct colors, how should I pick them?




I'm working on a web application where I need a bunch of random colors that are different from each other. Just for simplicity sake, let's say I want the user to input a number. This is the amount of columns that the web page should show, which are all right next to each other. Each column needs a different color.


What I kinda want to do is go through each color once, then start over with a different hue, like: red, blue, yellow, green, orange, cyan, purple, light red, light blue, etc.


My goal is to have each column stand out without reusing the same exact color. If a color has to be reused (red and light red), it should have a different enough hue to separate it from the original color. So #FF0000 and #FF0100 wont do.





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...