Wednesday, February 27, 2019

marketing - Pricing your Kindle ebooks at Amazon


Basically, I would like to know what's the optimal price for ebooks published at Amazon (via Kindle Direct Publishing.) By "optimal" I mean the price that is more likely to generate sales.


I'll try to be as specific as I can:


Novel




  • 60,000~70,000 words

  • Literary Fiction

  • Self-made cover


Novella



  • 20,000~25,000 words

  • Literary Fiction

  • Self-made cover



Short Story



  • 9,000~10,000 words

  • Literary Fiction

  • Self-made cover


How much should a new author charge for the cases described above?


(I published a 7K word short story before, and left it as $0.99. But I heard somewhere you should never sell yourself too low?)



Answer




Dean Wesley Smith famously advises against pricing anything at $0.99. That's the discount bin. It tells buyers that it's a cheap read, not that it's a good read.


Why not price your book as if you expected readers to want it?


Here is a bunch of advice from Dean about indie pricing: http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/?tag=pricing


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...