Monday, February 25, 2019

sketch app - Sketch3 | Is it possible to create a text table?


Just a super simple text table... enter image description here


I'm fairly new to Sketch, and I'm sure I haven't cracked even a quarter of what can be done with the program. So I wasn't very surprised when I realized I have no idea how to make a table.


I searched through the application, as well as Sketch resources online, and I am surprised to see that it may not be possible! I haven't even seen anyone bring the T word up in the same sentence as Sketch. Is it possible that a web design application wouldn't have tools for one of the most basic HTML elements? Or am I missing something very obvious?



Answer



There is no functionality for making tables per se, but with a combination of symbols and a plugin called stack children you might be able to make tables easier. It doesn't automatically generate a grid like your example, but if you create a symbol out of a row of the table, the plugin will help you align them one under the other.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...