Tuesday, February 26, 2019

adobe illustrator - Why doesn't my opacity mask fully hide my object?


I've got a problem with masking. I've made an object and masked it over. The masking effect is visible, but it should go behind the object. The transparent part should be at 0% visibility, but somehow it's still visible and I'm not sure why. How do I fully hide this part of the object?


enter image description here



Answer



Either your mask opacity is not 100% or the colour you use isn't fully black.


Especially if you work in RGB and you chose the standard black swatch, it is possible that it is instead a very dark gray (actually CMYK black), which translates to barely but still visible in masking.


Change the colour of the masking black object to actual RGB (0,0,0). If that doesn't work, check your mask opacity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...