Wednesday, February 13, 2019

user - Can Information Architects and UX Designers work as separate profiles?


I'm just very recently working as a UX Designer and loving my job but learning still a lot about it. My main focus lies with design while a large part of it is usability, which I like as well.


I was wondering if it is common practice when doing projects, that an Information Architect, which in my opinion is someone who is focused primarily on usability and organization of information, and a UX designer, who focuses on usability as well but mainly on the design part of it, can work as two separate profiles. In that way, an IA would do the analysis part of the process, working closely with the client and would pass on the work to a Designer, who doesn't necessarily need to be present on the project.


Is that feasible or is a UX Designer best involved in the project from the start? What are your experiences in this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...