Tuesday, September 22, 2015

adobe illustrator - How do I make an incomplete circle stroke for a donut chart?


I'm trying to emulate this type of stroke:



chart examples


So far, I've only been able to pen over the stroke and try to Minus it off (though I'm a rookie and still don't understand the whole pathfinder tool completely), but it's tedious and I'm not that great at it.


Suggestions?



Answer



Related, if not duplicate: Different color strokes in Illustrator (the gummi worms)


Easiest way for me is just with a gradient on the stroke... set the middle stops to be in the same location.


enter image description here


Benefits of this method is you simply change the gradient to move the sections. There's no need to reconfigure a brush or cut out new shapes if you need different sized segments.


enter image description here


It's also easy to use multiple colors....



enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...