Tuesday, September 15, 2015

usability - How to mark an input field with text longer than its width?



Given a form with many input fields, some have long text which exceeds the input field width. I wish to mark those input fields in some way which indicates they have more text than is visible.


I have thought about showing an arrow icon to the right of those fields, but ruled it out, because the user might view the input from the end of it, in which case, there would be more text to the left. I wish to mark it in a way that would be the most obvious and in general-manner that would strongly imply of more text inside.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...