Friday, September 11, 2015

color - How do I create a circle graphic pattern in Illustrator?


How is a multiple circle pattern like this created in Illustrator?



How can I create the circles with cut outs and then filled with color?


enter image description here




I started by making a bunch of circles one on top another, and then adding a line with a rotation and using Pathfinder's Divide to separate them into shapes, I had multiple issues...


It was very hard to get the circles spaced properly - I had to sorta guestimate it:


enter image description here


Using pathfinder left me with a bunch of extra paths:


enter image description here enter image description here


(click to enlarge)


...and some weren't properly cut: (that's one path :/)



enter image description here


Even after (manually) cleaning up all the paths, It was a huge pain to select each shape and then go to my swatches panel and pick something.


I'm sure that there's an easier / more efficient way to go about doing this, please guide me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...