Friday, September 11, 2015

vector - Which software can produce drafting scale line diagrams


Which software can be used to draw lines at exact measurements? I am looking for a tool which could be used for example to draw a top down view of the turning circle for a car. The drawing would consist of the outline of the car, at the correct measurements for the scale. e.g. drawn at 1:100


This type of diagram is getting into CAD software territory, I have tried searching for a tool that would be ideal for this but have not seen any programs that let you draw the linework freely while being able to specify line lengths, or use tools to ensure that lines are of exact length / scale



Sketchup Layout is the closest tool I have seen, but it seems to be aimed at drawing architecture and I'm not sure if it is suitable for drawing any linework at known measurements.


Aside from this the only other methods I have seen to achieve this is using grid guides / snapping in Illustrator / gimp / inkscape which is better than nothing, but not really ideal


Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...