Saturday, September 26, 2015

website design - Placement of the logout button/link?


In my experience, having a "logout" button/link of some description in the upper right hand corner is (or was) pretty standard. Is this documented/recommended anywhere?


Sites that require javascript have been drifting toward hiding the link in a menu (albeit still a menu in the upper right corner) -- e.g., Stack Overflow, Facebook and Gmail. I've personally found this... violates the "Don't make me think" principle, to put it nicely.


Coincidentally, I just experimented: on SO, you can log in without javascript, but I can't find a way to log out!


So: are there any good documents to reference on this subject?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...