Saturday, September 26, 2015

typography - Are light type face versions simply thinner than the roman (regular) ones?


I am taking a regular version of a typeface I love and making a light version of it, and I'm wondering:





  • Is the light version just an inset of the regular version?




  • Are there any special considerations I am missing?




This is my first albeit tenuous foray into type design, and while I have experience with and appreciate good typography, I have never actually got my hands dirty in making or altering a type face.


Extra credit question: Am I using the terms correctly here? I understand typeface is the term for the design of type but at what point should I be using the term font?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...