Monday, September 14, 2015

gui design - Differentiating login signposting for business and non business users


I'm building a social media endorsement platform that needs involvement from both business and non-business users. We've had some problems with the registration process on the business user side, mainly due to signposting and having more than one focal point for signing up/signing in. I'm currently simplifying this and settling for a sign in link for business users and another for non-business users/visitors/consumers (the crux of my issue) but I can't decide how to label these 2 buttons to make it clear which you should select when you arrive at the site.


Currently I have this:



  • Visitor login

  • Business login


My question is, if you were browsing a website as a business and saw these 2 links, would it be obvious which one you should select? How could I better label them to make it obvious which link should be selected?



I've also toyed with these combinations:



  • Sign up/in and Brand sign up/in

  • User login and Business login

  • Consumer login and Business login


Finally, should I instead replace the 2 buttons with a single button and signpost business/consumer users from the sign in page? My business partner is not keen on this approach but I don't like the labelling of, and can't find a suitable solution to, the non-business user sign in button text.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...