Monday, September 21, 2015

website design - How should I indicate read vs unread messages?



Here's the table:


enter image description here


I don't think the icons in the 'Read?' column are truly clear as to whether or not a message has been read. Am I wrong? I can change the column header, use different icons, or use some text (even just list 'read'/'unread' by each message). Thoughts? Unread messages will be listed first.



Answer



Most email programs (outlook, gmail, yahoo mail) simply use bold vs normal text. I think most people will recognize that as read and unread. I don't think you need any fancy design or labeling for this, just use what's conventionally used by almost everyone else.


enter image description here


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...