Sunday, December 13, 2015

design - Is this color readable?


I'm not sure that this orange color meshes well with my green and white theme, or that it's easily readable.


enter image description here


If it is not readable, is there a better color that would be more easily readable? Should the hover be a different color?



I've tried some color wizards like: http://www.colorsontheweb.com/colorwizard.asp but either I'm extremely sceptical and my eyes are malfunctioning, or it doesn't quite look right. What say you guys?


Update Thanks to you guys, I think I've got it figured out, in my opinion it looks better anyway. From what I understood orange on white was fine with the white and green - so I kept that. I chose to make the breadcrumb black, since that was about the only color that I thought looked descent and would provide something visibly presentable to the different variations of color-blindness. The bottom "New topic" is the hover for the links which is a slightly darker orange than the standard link color. Would anyone differ in the opinion that this would be a solution to my initial Question. enter image description here



Answer



The current combination of green and orange that you have here is very hard to see, especially for those with visual impairments. A great resource for checking the accessibility of color combinations is Snook's Colour Contrast Check. This tool checks against multiple color accessibility standards set forth by W3C. This question What are good resources for testing UI design for color-blind users? might give you some additional info.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...