Sunday, December 27, 2015

Is there a button configuration that would imply 2 or more options to the user?


My datagrid displays both wagons and locomotives tracked on a network. I find that I am often filtering out one of those types to display just the other and I would like to supply a wagon and a locomotive button which will do this in one click, but I still want to retain the possibility of displaying both types at the same time.


Is there a button configuration that would imply these options (wagons, locomotives, or both) to the user?



Answer



For this kind of filter, I recommend to use button group:


enter image description here


Buttons are easier to select and if you group these to show they work together, it is even more obvious for the user.


Conversely, a dropdown is not efficient because the options are hidden.



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...