Tuesday, December 8, 2015

options - Expressing that new password is optional



I have an "Edit user" modal that I'm trying to polish. This is the state of things:


enter image description here


My main concern is that it is optional to enter a new password, and this is not made clear. If the "New password" and "Confirm password" are left empty, then the corresponding user password is left unchanged. Presenting the two inputs fields empty suggests that the a new password should always be entered when editing a user.


What (non-verbal?) cues can I give to the user to explain that entering a new password is optional.


[Please see here for a live version of the modal.]



Answer



You could have a form element for "Change password?" And only display the password fields when selected? If changing password is not a frequent operation this would work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...