Monday, December 14, 2015

What is the reference python library for portfolio optimization?


Does anyone know of a python library/source that is able to calculate the traditional mean-variance portfolio? To press my luck, any resources where the library/source also contains functions such as alternative covariance functions (etc. shrinkage), Lower partial moment portfolio optimization, etc...


I have developed, like everyone else, and implemented one or two variants. Is it just me or there isn't much out there in terms of python for financial/portfolio applications. At least nothing out there matching efforts like Rmetrics for R.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...