Saturday, December 26, 2015

photo editing - Replicate curves adjustment in Photoshop


I edited an image with a curves adjustment on all the channels (RGB, red, green and blue). Now I want to know how those curves looked like, so I can use them again/edit them. But I made this edit a long time ago so I dont remember.


I have tried simply copying the original edit and managed to get it pretty similar. But not similar enough. The curves were very complex and that together with that I used all 4 channels, makes it very hard to get right.


I thought I had cracked it when I tried to split up the image in its red, green and blue channels. My idea was that it would be easier to copy if I focused on doing one channel at a time in black and white. Then I could save them as preset in Photoshop, and apply them combined to the original. But Ive just spent more than 2 hours getting not close enough on the red channel.


Im not very knowledgeable with curves. Do anyone have an idea on how to pull this off in practice? Could it be possible to "reverse engineer" it somehow?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...