Tuesday, December 15, 2015

fiction - What are my legal rights if somebody writes a book about me without my consent?


So, I just discovered a person I knew in college has written a book. This book is titled as fiction. But after buying and reading this book, I am in this book. No name change. The place where I work, with geographical references to where this job is located. Along with friends, and a terrible experience in which happened, and was in newspapers, but not something I would ever want written about. Nor am I happy that I am in this book. My parents are in this book. What are my legal rights? It's a self published book. and I don't think it will ever be a best seller. but I definitely feel violated, and exposed. and I feel like my permission should have been used. But I was never contacted about this. Can I file a cease and desist?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...