Sunday, December 6, 2015

design patterns - Is it okay to use both nav drawer and bottom nav in home screen of an android app?


I am developing app, my home screen looks like below (using both navdrawer and bottom nav simultaneously)


a


I used bottom nav, because I wanted to give user the easy access to the higher level locations quickly(ie: one click from the home screen). Used navdrawer to place other higher level destinations.


But I have not seen this pattern (using both bottom nav and nav drawer simultaneously) in other apps? Is this good UX?



Answer




In the image below, Facebook uses the hamburger menu on the far right within the bottom navigation as another option.


https://uxplanet.org/the-ultimate-guide-to-the-hamburger-menu-and-its-alternatives-e2da8dc7f1db


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...