Sunday, December 20, 2015

color scheme - Reason that most (business) applications have a blue theme?


Most applications use blue as their central color, particularly business applications (e.g. Windows uses blue in most of it's chrome). I am being pushed to use purple throughout our current application (because that is the color of the business logo) but I think it looks more professional in shades of blue, so I need to argue my case (more eloquently than saying 'purple sucks'). Is the preference for blue perhaps a cultural thing or physiological thing (i.e. less taxing on the rods/cones in the eye)? Why is blue preferred over purple?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...