Friday, February 26, 2016

adobe illustrator - How can I fill in 4, 6, 8, 9, 0 etc with writing without it ignoring the center circle?


I'm trying to enter a list of names as text into the shape of an "8", but they won't go around the center holes of the 8, meaning I'm having to try, and failing, to justify it manually.


How can I enter the text without it ignoring the center holes?



Answer



You can't fill compound paths (as in paths with "holes") with text, you can use a text wrap as a workaround though...




  1. Separate your paths... (ungroup or release compound path or whatever).





  2. Use the Area Type Tool to fill the main shape with your text...


    enter image description here




  3. Set the inner shapes to have no fill and with them selected, go to Object → Text Wrap → Make (change the offset in the Text Wrap Options, in the same menu too if needs be).


    Done...


    enter image description here





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...