Thursday, February 18, 2016

How do I print my book using Indesign cs6 and have the pages come out in the right order?


I am trying to print my 4" x 6" book from InDesign CS6 to my home printer. The book has about 100 pages, a perfect bound book with a few front pages and a table of contents.


I want to print the pages in the right order as 2up, centered & double-sided, onto 8.5" x 11" paper which I will then have cut down into individual 4" x 6" pages and bind by hand. The document has facing pages and I am using "print booklet",e selected 2-up perfect bound and, since my printer doesn't have automatic duplexing, I am printing the odd pages first then turning the paper over and printing the even pages.


I've got everything working except the order of the pages does not make any sense and I can't figure out why or how to fix it. I did not anticipate this being a complex function! I thought that "print booklet" would handle the page ordering.





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...