Monday, February 22, 2016

android - Mobile - Sorting Items on one tab


I am currently working on an android application and I try to follow the material design specification.


Now I am in a situation where I have 2 tabs with different content.
I need to present sorting possibilities on ONE of them.


Usually you would have a sorting icon in the top app bar.


But this could lead to confusion as from I hierarchical point of view I would understand that I can sort both tabs.


So I see different possibilities here:



  • hide & show the icon in the app bar depending on which tab is selected

  • Put the sorting possibility under the tab (only in the relevant tab)



Unfortunately the second possibility somehow does not "look nice".


Do you see any other possibilities, or which approach would you uggest?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...