Sunday, February 14, 2016

Is there a printing press that can print a book directly from the RGB space?


I have a book ready for printing. But, of course, it was done in RGB. In fact, I stretched the RGB gamut beyond its normal range in order to make it more painterly etc.


When I saw it converted to CMYK, I almost passed out. All the great colors I had achieved in RGB had been dulled and "grayed". It was a great disappointment even after infinite tweaking of the CMYK colors in a futile attempt to get them back to match the original RGB colors. Worst of all was the color blue. No matter what I did in CMYK to restore this very important color, all I got was a gray-blue.


Is it possible in this remarkable age of technology that there is no printing press that can print a book directly from RGB?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...