Thursday, February 25, 2016

adobe illustrator - Why can I not use the brush tool to paint my object?



I drew an image in Illustrator and now I would like to fill it with color. I created a second layer and placed it under the line art.


However when I try to painting with the brush tool I get a really annoying 🛇 (international prohibition sign / no symbol).


Why is that?



layers panel



Answer



You have no actual brush selected, it's just set to basic - which isn't a brush type (just a weird default).


enter image description here


Just load in any actual brush and then you will be able to select a stroke/width and draw.


Load in a brush by clicking on the Brush Libraries Menu icon:



enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...