Friday, February 26, 2016

adobe photoshop - Website design - adjusting the size of picture


I have a stock photo, it's original size is 5616 × 3744 px. I would like to change its size to be used for my web design in photoshop - to size 1600 x 600. I do not want to crop the image because I would loose some picture content - if I crop e.g. the top half. I tried to use in Photoshop Image - Image size function, but I found that with its proportion locked(aspect ratio) it's height is way too big. Could you please help me?




Answer



If you want to avoid have to distort the image, you will have to crop it, at least partially. Since distorted images rarely look good, cropping is often unavoidable. You can reduce it to a minimum, though:



  • Use Image > Image Size... (Alt+Ctrl/Option+I or right Alt+I) to reduce the width of your image to 1600 pixels. Make sure 'constrain proportions' is checked to avoid distortion.


You'll end up with an image 1600 pixels wide and 1067 pixels high.



  • Use the Crop tool (C) and type your desired dimensions in the two fields:


enter image description here




  • Drag around the crop box to cut off part of top and bottom of your picture.

  • Press Enter/Return or click the checkmark at the right side of the option bar to accept the crop.


If you think you're losing too much from the top and bottom, you might want to try and use Photoshop's photo editing tools (eg. content-aware move in 'Extend' modus) to add more content to the sides of your image before cropping. Good and convincing extension is hard, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...