Friday, March 4, 2016

website design - Displaying Opening Hours


I'm designing a website for a client that has some irregular trading hours. Some days they remain open until 2am, others they close at 10pm.


They want these hours displayed on their landing page, so visitors can see what time they open & close at a glance.


The trouble is I have to work with an API that returns integers only. Based on these integers and the current time, I can display a currently open or currently closed flag accordingly. As it stands currently, this isn't possible.


I can't use custom text anywhere, only integers (24 hour time). I'm having some difficulty working out how to display the time.


Currently the client displays their hours like this;



Mon 8am - 2am


Tue 8am - 2am



Wed 8am - 10pm


Thu 8am - 2am


Fri 8am - 10pm



However I don't think this is correct, and looks quite confusing (what is 8am - 2am?) shouldn't it be;



Mon 8am - 12am & 12am - 2am


Tue 8am - 12am & 12am - 2am


Wed 8am - 10pm


Thu 8am - 12am & 12am - 2am



Fri 8am - 10pm



Admittedly, this also looks quite confusing!


Any ideas how I can achieve this in the most user friendly way possible, without using custom text?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...