Saturday, July 7, 2018

color - Printed Uncoated PMS on Coated Stock


I did my artwork on the uncoated PMS colours as I originally planned to print it on uncoated stock. We ended up changing the stock and there was the forgetfulness of one person to not change the PMS colours.


The colours (well mostly the gray) are very light. So my question is, if I change to the coated colours, will the colours be even lighter or will they be darker?


The reason I ask is because it's packaging, and I am using two different companies and the other uncoated stock needs a big adjustment as it's printed on quite dark white paper and since I am using gray it makes a lot of difference.


I also didn't want the gray to be so light as it should be closer to the Pantone book.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...