Wednesday, September 12, 2018

adobe photoshop - How do I create a button with two shadows in the bottom?


I am not much of a designer. I want to know how I can create Wix like buttons in Photoshop.


They offer many kinds of buttons, but I want the one with a shadow on both sides of its bottom. Any help would be appreciated.


enter image description here



Answer



This is a common question but usually for code. To create this in Photoshop:




  • New layer in Photoshop


enter image description here



  • Draw rectangle slightly smaller below

  • Fill with black


enter image description here



  • Filter>Gaussian Blur


  • radius around 5-7 pixels, play with the settings


enter image description here



  • Edit > Transform > Warp


enter image description here



  • Drop opacity around 20%



enter image description here


Another tutorial here.


Free Files


Free .psd files here for shadows.


Code


Personally if it is going to be within a site I would code it. To learn how to code it you can review stack's answer here. A drop shadow generator here and another option here.


EDIT: After looking at your example be aware that is done twice. The layer is with an opacity of around 80-90% and warped closer to the edge and then duplicated with a wider shadow changed to around 15-20% and stretched.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...