Friday, September 28, 2018

editing - Style when intentionally misspelling?



I am copyediting and doing layout on a play that includes a few plays on words and intentional misspellings. At first glance they read like typos. I am wondering if the convention is that I should be styling them differently (as I would, for example, for words in another language), or if it's best to leave it to the reader to trust that the "mistake" was intentional. For example, a line includes the phrase "next of skin" instead of "next of kin". I hate the idea that a reader would wonder if that was on purpose. Thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...