Friday, September 7, 2018

path - Mass-remove Bezier Curves in Illustrator


Is there a way in Adobe Illustrator to delete all the Bezier curve handles at once from a path?


I created a pattern brush which consists just of a geometric path (without any bezier curve, just straight lines). After I used that pattern brush on a circle, Illustrator created bezier curves to fit the pattern around the circle. I would like to get rid just of the bezier handles all at once, so it leaves me with the path around the circle with just straight lines again.


I can and will of course do it by hand, but I wonder if there is a way to automate that "clean up" process and get rid of all of them at once?




Answer




  • Select all points with the Direct Selection Tool, the white pointer


enter image description here




  • Menu Object > Path > Simplify


enter image description here


To remove handles:



  • Select the half of the points making a frame with the Direct Selection Tool

  • On the top options, click first the Convert selected anchor points to smooth button, the green arrow on the image.

  • On the top options, click the Convert selected anchor points to corner button, the red arrow on the image.



enter image description here



  • Do the same with the other half


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...