Saturday, September 22, 2018

How I should handle gender-neutral pronoun in technical writing?




I am writing API documentation for a mobile loyalty program and I am not sure which of the following is better wording:


1) When the user requests for their visit and order to be registered in their account, a checkin is created at POS.


2) When the user requests for his/her visit and order to be registered in his/her account, a checkin is created at POS.


Which sentence is correct and why? If neither is correct, please show me the correct way and explain why. Here, 'user', is any person in general public who goes to a Point Of Sale Terminal.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...