Thursday, September 13, 2018

typography - Change weight of font while maintaining local formatting in InDesign



I have a large block of text that is set to "book" with local italics throughout being set to "book italic."


I'd like to increase the weight of the whole works: with the stuff currently set at "book" changed to "medium," and the stuff set to "book italic" set to "medium italic."


I can't think of a way to do this that doesn't involve going through the text by hand and individually selecting all of the italicized bits. Is there a way that I can just highlight the whole works and tell InDesign to change the "base" bits to "medium" and the italicized bits to "medium italic?"




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...