Sunday, September 16, 2018

style - What revisions for this draft would be more readable and/or more humorous?


Notes:



  1. My audience knows that adrenaline and epinephrine are synonyms.


  2. I'm new! I'm sorry if I abuse the site by posting this!

  3. Please critique ruthlessly.

  4. I would send by Facebook message to a girl I know, who's having a bad year.


Draft:


Excerpt from The Mechanic


In the roles of cooperating hitmen, Ben Foster and Jason Statham plan an assassination attempt. They finish each other’s sentences, amplifying a sense of magnitude, gravity, and confidence.



  • [Ben Foster] Adrenaline shot to the heart. 12cc and he’s dead in under three minutes.

  • [Jason Statham] Adrenaline’s unreliable. It may only force him into cardiac arrest.


  • [B Foster] But when the EMTs arrive, the first thing they do is jam you with a shot of epinephrine...

  • [J Statham] Which is toxic when combined with...

  • [B Foster] Adrenaline.

  • [J Statham] So on the off chance our adrenaline shot doesn’t kill him...

  • [B Foster] The EMTs will.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...