Friday, September 7, 2018

How to convert the shapes stroke into open or transparent in Illustrator CS5?


I created a path:


enter image description here


Inside that path I created several more paths:


enter image description here


and group those on separate layer. Inside paths doesn’t have any fill but have a stroke of 1.


Since I want that stroke to be open (or transparent. I don’t know the exact term, I want the stroke line to show the color beneath), I selected the stroke and chose Object > Flatten Transparency. Then Selecting both, I chose Pathfinder > Minus Front.


Result:


enter image description here



Now I want the above design to top of this:


enter image description here


like


enter image description here


and want to create a outer stroke for my star and I want that stroke line to be open (like the paths within star)


I've been beating my head with this for the last 48 hours but I couldn't find where I'm doing it wrong. If it's any help, this design is for a t-shirt design experiment.


Can anyone help me with this? Your help much appreciated.


Edit:


I want the result to be:


enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here



I want the stroke of the star to be punched through the (square) path and the compound path to create hollow space around the star (to show the background color). Thanks in advance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...