Wednesday, September 12, 2018

How do you apply a clipping mask to multiple layers in Photoshop?


I have 20 multiple images in different layers withon a Photoshop file. I want to apply one clipping mask for all the layers. I grouped all layers and tried but the clipping mask option is disabled. How can I apply one clipping mask to multiple layers?



Answer



Highlight all the layers and choose "Convert To Smart Object" from the Layer Panel Menu.


Apply your clipping mask to the resulting Smart Object.





To address the comment below:


If you wish to retain existing smart objects, then merely Group all the layers you wish to mask in the Layers Panel, and apply the mask to the Group.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...