Monday, February 9, 2015

adobe illustrator - A logo on a T-Shirt printing



I want to make this logo print-ready on a T-shirt, but I have a few questions:


1) I have an overlap in my logo, I tried to merge the whole artwork but I get conflation artefacts, I also tried the shape builder but the same occurs. I don't want the conflation artefacts and I also know I should't have any overlaps in the logo that will be printed on a T-Shirt. what should I do ? The overlapconflation artefacts


2) I have 5 colors in the logo (white, 2 blacks, 2 grays), I knew from the videos on youtube that I must convert them to spot colors to make a color separation. After that, I check them in the separations preview. I also know that white is not counted as a spot color, is that right? so now I will have only 4 colors as spot.


3) should the black be 0,0,0,100 as a spot color for T-shirt print?enter image description here what about the other colors should they have a specific values or as soon as I change them to spot it's okay?grey swatch spot color second spot greyspot black2


4) I will save the file as High quality print PDF and leave the rest as default, is that correct?



5) If the client didn't mention which method he will use for printing the T-Shirt, should I still use spot colors, or I should make other file with Pantone colors so I cover all his needs?


6)if the client will use the sublimation method, is there any difference in saving method or colors?



Answer



If you want to print on t-shirt just use black. Paints for garment are totally different from paints used to print on paper.
When printing on paper and you don't want to contact printer don't use CMYK black. Use Pantone. Or any other spot swatch from some makers.


Usually when contacting a printer is not an option (ie. you prepare logo for client for his later use) then it's no your problem. If you have no saying in choosing of paper, print method and so on then why should you worry about covering all bases. That's what Spots are for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...