Monday, February 16, 2015

adobe photoshop - How can I achieve this cartoon effect?


I'm a programmer doing a client project, and I'm trying to write an app that will do this effect to user-uploaded images. I think it's some combination of Find edges, Blur and some other filters, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any ideas?


Original: Original: Original


Result: Result:


Result



Answer



To be able to script a user uploaded image to add an effect we may want to have a look at command line scriptable tools rather than a full blown image editing soft.


A quite versatile command line processing tools is ImageMagick which also comes with a variety of artistic filters we can combine for impressive effects.


Below example was quickly created using the -paint option:


convert  -paint 6 


enter image description here


ImageMagick is a free Open Source software available for (almost) all platforms.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...