Monday, February 23, 2015

style - Scrivener customising the header and footer



To my understanding you can only edit the header and footer through the compile settings. Here we can customise using tokens:-


<$compilegroup>
<$projecttitle>
<$abbr_projecttitle>
<$sectiontitle>
<$p>

So on... What I would really like is to have facing pages which I have set up correctly and have headers such as:-


Page number | Chapter 1 : Sub title


Here is where it gets slightly complicated. I don't want this on my chapter headings. The options Scrivener gives are:-




  1. No header on first page and pages following page breaks.

  2. No header or footer on single pages.


Problems


Lets say I have a chapter description and it goes over one page, this invalidates number 2.


Page breaks, by using this the layout gets quite messy and the headings will appear as:-


Page number | Chapter 1 : Chapter 1 Binder title


If anyone can advise a possible solution, perfect.



Answer




Response from Scrivener Staff:


I'm afraid that there are limits to how much headers and footers can be customised from within Scrivener itself and you've hit up against that. While Scrivener is capable of creating verso headers and footers (right and left), and it can create a different header/footer style for the "first pages" of the manuscript, it cannot create a separate header/footer for the first page of each chapter.


I'm afraid this level of customisation would have to be done by compiling to Word and making the changes there.


Credits go to: Jeff


from


Literature and Latte Support


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...