Sunday, February 8, 2015

InDesign CS6 quality difference "Export to PDF" vs "Print Booklet"?


Using InDesign CS6, I regularly create booklets of anywhere from 8, 12, 16 to 32 pages for offset printing.


For this I typically use the Print Booklet module, set to create a PDF file at Press Resolution.


Occasionally I have a single or double-sided insert for which I generate a separate PDF, using the Export to PDF module, with the same Press Resolution setting. I noticed that these 'single page' PDFs look markedly different than the PDFs created with the Print Booklet function - which are far superior in terms of contrast.


To make things even stranger, the Print Booklet function generates files that are significantly smaller than the Export function PDF files.


My workaround has been to create a 4-page "booklet" with the same material on each of the pages, and then delete the superfluous pages from this booklet. This does not make any sense.



Any suggestions, anybody?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...