Monday, January 16, 2017

Random pattern generation in Illustrator


I am new here and a beginner graphic designer. I am trying to learn how to generate a pattern like below:


enter image description here


My question is:


Is there any way to do this in Adobe Illustrator?


In the image above, I am looking for learning:




  1. Randomness in a specific set of colors, or shades/tints of a color.

  2. Randomness in a specific set of angles.


Appreciate your help. Thanks.


Disclaimer: I don't own the image above.



Answer



I usually play around with nested Transform effects on objects to create patterns.


Effects > Distort & Transform Effects >Transforms…


Illustrator has powerful scripting tools that you can use to create random patterns and colors. There are a bunch of YouTube videos and Tutorials out there explaining how to create patterns and random colors via scripts, or download already made script which can be applied to your designs.



Here are some few links that might be of help (I know add linking to answers is discouraged but I know you will find these detailed tutorials more enlightening or google search the attached titles just in case the link is broken )



Hope this can give you a head start into a deeper reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...