Friday, January 20, 2017

critique - Is this logo redesign a step in the right direction or is it better to stick with the original?



NOTE: This is a continuation from a previous question: Critique Request: CAD drafting contractor logo


Old logo



I've implemented some of the suggested changes from my previous for this logo redesign project, incorporating a simpler grid (to hopefully keep my client happy). :) Here's where that led:


Simpler Cube



Then I decided to try something even simpler, working a little harder at incorporating the name into the logo, hopefully to emphasize the "CAD" part a bit more, but retain the idea behind the cube:


More modern design


I have shown these to my client, and he told me he likes the second one better of the two, but he voiced concerns that he is apprehensive of moving away from the logo he has had for years (the old logo at the top of this post). He mentioned the possibility of getting another professional opinion on the matter, so here I am. :)


My main questions are:





  1. Are these new logos an improvement on the original? (I need a more objective standpoint than my own.) :)




  2. If yes, do you have suggestions on improving either of these designs?




Thank you once again for your help!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...