Monday, January 16, 2017

website design - Font suggestions for a church site




Do you guys have any font suggestions for a ministry website (for headlines, logo etc.) ?


So far I found this one:


enter image description here



Answer



It looks like you're going for a more formal look for your church. I would use a Transitional Type font, which is similar to the font you've chosen above (Fanwood).


I have a few fonts in mind that might work for you. If you like small x-heights (similar to Fanwood) you could go with ITC or Adobe Garamond. It's a classy font though I don't recommend it for logos set in lower case or title case.


If you like fonts with larger x-heights, you could try Miller or Whitman by Font Bureau, http://new.myfonts.com/foundry/Font_Bureau/. There's also ITC Century and ITC New Baskerville, both common system fonts. Another nice font is Calluna by Exljbris Font Foundry, http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/exljbris/calluna/. One font that I really like is Latienne, which can be found on myfonts.com, but it's also a very feminine font and might not be the best direction for you. I recommend it because the Medium could look really nice and has a lot of potential for a logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...