Sunday, January 22, 2017

risk neutral measure - SDE simulation: P or Q?


Let's take a GBM under $P$:


$dS=\mu dt+\sigma dW_{t}^{P}$


and then under $Q$


$dS=r dt+\sigma dW_{t}^{Q}$, where $dW_{t}^{Q} = dW_{t}^{P} + (\mu - r)/\sigma dt $



Now, let's say that I have calibrated my model on the mkt option prices (using B&S) getting the parameters that i need. Question:


Do I have to simulate the path subtracting from $W^{Q}$ the market price of risk? Or what i only need is a brownian motion (knowing that $r$ in the drift part is already the result of the change of measure)?


Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...