Thursday, January 19, 2017

App buttons gradient critique


I am currently working on this part of my app where the user has to select what do they want to advertise. The color palette I use in my app is mostly grey, a little bit of black and then a gradient of these two colors, so I thought this would look neat.


Once I sketched it in Photoshop I found it personally pretty cool, but a little bit odd looking, so I want to hear your critiques!


Does the gradient make sense or does it only make the design more obnoxious?


Screenshot



Answer



It doesn't look so bad in my opinion , I think it's pretty neat, there are just some tweaks which I would do.


I would start with suggesting you drop the white half moon backdrops, it's very distracting (will replace with a drop shadow later - much cleaner):


enter image description here



Then, I think, you should consider making it all one continuous gradient, instead of 4 separate ones:


enter image description here


I feel like it creates a nice flow to it, which makes it look really nice.




After adding in a 30% darkness drop shadow:


enter image description here




How it could look with eight icons, plus other color variations which also looked pretty neat:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...